Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Distressed Derry man stunned and charged after posting threats on Facebook
Shawn Decoste, 36, then charged at officers with a claw hammer and tried to grab the gun of one officer when police came to check on his welfare, police said in a press release .
Decoste, of 109 Franklin St, apt. 3D, was arraigned in 10th Circuit Court in Derry today on charges of first-degree assault, attempted first-degree assault, (attempted) taking of a police officer's firearm, all felonies; and a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest.
Police had gone to the apartment and announced their presence. When they entered the apartment, they called out to Decoste to come out from a bedroom of the apartment, police said.
Decoste emerged from the bedroom with a claw hammer and charged at them, swinging the hammer at the first officer's head. The officer was able to deflect the blow but was hit on the forearm with the hammer.
A struggle then ensued as officers tried to take Decoste into custody. During the struggle, Decoste attempted to pull an officer's handgun from his holster. The officers then used a taser to finally subdue Decoste and arrest him, according to police.
The name of the injured officer wasn't available and police didn't say what prompted Decoste to make the threats.
Decoste's bail was set at $250,000 cash. He remains in custody at the Rockingham County jail. He is scheduled for a probable cause hearing before Circuit Court on Monday, Jan. 13.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483