Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Distressed Derry man stunned and charged after posting threats on Facebook
Shawn Decoste, 36, then charged at officers with a claw hammer and tried to grab the gun of one officer when police came to check on his welfare, police said in a press release .
Decoste, of 109 Franklin St, apt. 3D, was arraigned in 10th Circuit Court in Derry today on charges of first-degree assault, attempted first-degree assault, (attempted) taking of a police officer's firearm, all felonies; and a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest.
Police had gone to the apartment and announced their presence. When they entered the apartment, they called out to Decoste to come out from a bedroom of the apartment, police said.
Decoste emerged from the bedroom with a claw hammer and charged at them, swinging the hammer at the first officer's head. The officer was able to deflect the blow but was hit on the forearm with the hammer.
A struggle then ensued as officers tried to take Decoste into custody. During the struggle, Decoste attempted to pull an officer's handgun from his holster. The officers then used a taser to finally subdue Decoste and arrest him, according to police.
The name of the injured officer wasn't available and police didn't say what prompted Decoste to make the threats.
Decoste's bail was set at $250,000 cash. He remains in custody at the Rockingham County jail. He is scheduled for a probable cause hearing before Circuit Court on Monday, Jan. 13.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus