School schedules grief counseling after fatality
The Pinkerton community went into mourning after junior Kyle Ross, 17, of Derry, died Wednesday afternoon.
To help students cope with the tragedy, grief counselors will be available today on the high school's campus, Headmaster Mary Anderson said.
Students have been away from school since Christmas break began last month as a snowstorm forced the cancellation of classes on Thursday and Friday. Classes are scheduled to resume on Monday.
A third Pinkerton student, Thompson Upham-Davis, 16, of Chester, suffered injuries that were not life-threatening, according to police.
"The Pinkerton community is heartbroken," Anderson said Thursday. "We extend our deepest condolences to the family of Kyle Ross, and we offer our heartfelt prayers and thoughts for Johanna's recovery."
Information on funeral services for Ross wasn't available Friday at Peabody Funeral Home in Derry. The family was still in the process of arranging services, a funeral home representative said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief