Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Coastal flooding forces road closures
At Hampton Beach, storm surge flooded Ashworth Ave and a number of side streets. (John Kane/Hampton Beach Village District)
Astronomical high tides combined with the powerful ocean storm to create a mess on Route 1A in Hampton, North Hampton and Rye around the time of high tide.
In Rye, a car became stuck in the flooding on Route 1A near Rye Harbor State Park, but the driver was rescued and the car was towed away.
The fire department was called in and used one of its trucks to reach the driver. His car was later towed out of the water.
Crews also had to make repairs to the Foss Beach seawall in Rye. The seawall is a shale pile that was damaged by wind and water splashing over and through it, Walsh said.
Snow banks blocked the floodwater from receding and caused some of it to drain differently, he said.
Sullivan said it would take several hours for the water to recede.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene State College holds student forum on pumpkin riot - 2
- Monitoring social media - 2
- Siege Day launched at Pinkerton; students gain hands-on experience with homemade catapults - 0
- Middle school student's mom says principal used chokehold - 0
- School board suspends driver's ed program in Manchester, will probe source of $180k deficit - 2
- Manchester middle school principal placed on leave - 2
- Lebanon begins search for new school superindendent - 0
- Inventor excites Manchester fourth-graders with math, science possibilities - 0
- Nashua officals tour technical education center - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Home-grown talent has UNH women's cross country out in front - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Playoff picture will get clearer - 0
- New players, new coach, new look for Monarchs in home opener tonight - 0
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 1
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 0
- FairPoint paying thousands a day for police details at Manchester sites alone - 0
- Police say man robbed Rochester bank wearing zebra print dress - 0
- New York doctor who worked in West Africa tests positive for Ebola - 0
- UMass Lowell polls show senate, gubernatorial races still a close call - 0
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks