Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Mind-numbing cold helps make snowstorm a pain
As of early Friday afternoon, Sheppard said the city's roads were in "pretty good shape" with main roads open and side streets looking good.
The city had about 45 pieces of equipment out during the storm, plowing and salting the city's 400 miles of streets. Because of the storm's duration, Sheppard said staffing was a concern, especially because another six hours was needed for the final cleanup after the snow ended.
Between 150 and 155 vehicles were towed during the snowstorm, about the norm, according to police Lt. Maureen Tessier.
He said he won't know what the exact cost of the storm cleanup is for several days.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Video on molestation, shown to Manchester 3rd graders, upsets parents - 17
- Claremont high school’s renovation causes upset, sparks inspection - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run