Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Dover man charged with arson in New Year's Eve blaze
Glenn Breton, 47, of 7 Northway Circle, is accused of setting a fire in the hallway of 6 Northway Circle, an 18-unit apartment building, after he was asked to leave a resident's apartment.
The fire was reported at 11:44 p.m. Dec, 31, 2013, and building residents were able to put out the small fire. There were no injuries reported, but residents had to leave the building while Dover Fire and Rescue ventilated the building to get rid of smoke and ensure the fire was out.
A warrant for Breton's arrest for felony arson was obtained after an investigation by Dover Police Department detectives and crime scene unit officers and Dover Fire and Rescue personnel.
Authorities said Breton had visited a 6 Northway Circle resident earlier in the evening, but was asked to leave after a dispute. Breton is accused of returning to the building and setting fire to a Christmas decoration on the tenant's door.
The fire caused damage to the door, carpet and floor in the immediate area.
Breton was arrested Friday at his residence and was released on $500 personal recognizance bail. He is scheduled for arraignment at 9 a.m. Jan. 31 in Circuit Court-Dover District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483