Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Dover man charged with arson in New Year's Eve blaze
Glenn Breton, 47, of 7 Northway Circle, is accused of setting a fire in the hallway of 6 Northway Circle, an 18-unit apartment building, after he was asked to leave a resident's apartment.
The fire was reported at 11:44 p.m. Dec, 31, 2013, and building residents were able to put out the small fire. There were no injuries reported, but residents had to leave the building while Dover Fire and Rescue ventilated the building to get rid of smoke and ensure the fire was out.
A warrant for Breton's arrest for felony arson was obtained after an investigation by Dover Police Department detectives and crime scene unit officers and Dover Fire and Rescue personnel.
Authorities said Breton had visited a 6 Northway Circle resident earlier in the evening, but was asked to leave after a dispute. Breton is accused of returning to the building and setting fire to a Christmas decoration on the tenant's door.
The fire caused damage to the door, carpet and floor in the immediate area.
Breton was arrested Friday at his residence and was released on $500 personal recognizance bail. He is scheduled for arraignment at 9 a.m. Jan. 31 in Circuit Court-Dover District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus