Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Dover man charged with arson in New Year's Eve blaze
Glenn Breton, 47, of 7 Northway Circle, is accused of setting a fire in the hallway of 6 Northway Circle, an 18-unit apartment building, after he was asked to leave a resident's apartment.
The fire was reported at 11:44 p.m. Dec, 31, 2013, and building residents were able to put out the small fire. There were no injuries reported, but residents had to leave the building while Dover Fire and Rescue ventilated the building to get rid of smoke and ensure the fire was out.
A warrant for Breton's arrest for felony arson was obtained after an investigation by Dover Police Department detectives and crime scene unit officers and Dover Fire and Rescue personnel.
Authorities said Breton had visited a 6 Northway Circle resident earlier in the evening, but was asked to leave after a dispute. Breton is accused of returning to the building and setting fire to a Christmas decoration on the tenant's door.
The fire caused damage to the door, carpet and floor in the immediate area.
Breton was arrested Friday at his residence and was released on $500 personal recognizance bail. He is scheduled for arraignment at 9 a.m. Jan. 31 in Circuit Court-Dover District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief