Home » News » Public Safety
Pinkerton students grieve friend who died in car crash
Kyle Ross, 17, a junior, died Wednesday from injuries he suffered in a New Year's Eve car crash. His death sent the Pinkerton community into mourning.
The turnout was light, but some students still showed up for the counseling, said Chip Underhill, executive director of public relations and external affairs.
The crash is under investigation by the Derry police crash team, Capt. Vern Thomas said.
"The Pinkerton community is heartbroken," Headmaster Mary Anderson said Thursday. "We extend our deepest condolences to the family of Kyle Ross, and we offer our heartfelt prayers and thoughts for Johanna's recovery."
Calling hours will be Wednesday at Peabody Funeral Homes and Crematorium in Derry. A private liturgy of Christian burial will be celebrated at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Derry.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus