Home » News » Public Safety
Pinkerton students grieve friend who died in car crash
Kyle Ross, 17, a junior, died Wednesday from injuries he suffered in a New Year's Eve car crash. His death sent the Pinkerton community into mourning.
The turnout was light, but some students still showed up for the counseling, said Chip Underhill, executive director of public relations and external affairs.
The crash is under investigation by the Derry police crash team, Capt. Vern Thomas said.
"The Pinkerton community is heartbroken," Headmaster Mary Anderson said Thursday. "We extend our deepest condolences to the family of Kyle Ross, and we offer our heartfelt prayers and thoughts for Johanna's recovery."
Calling hours will be Wednesday at Peabody Funeral Homes and Crematorium in Derry. A private liturgy of Christian burial will be celebrated at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Derry.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley