Home » News » Public Safety
Pinkerton students grieve friend who died in car crash
Kyle Ross, 17, a junior, died Wednesday from injuries he suffered in a New Year's Eve car crash. His death sent the Pinkerton community into mourning.
The turnout was light, but some students still showed up for the counseling, said Chip Underhill, executive director of public relations and external affairs.
The crash is under investigation by the Derry police crash team, Capt. Vern Thomas said.
"The Pinkerton community is heartbroken," Headmaster Mary Anderson said Thursday. "We extend our deepest condolences to the family of Kyle Ross, and we offer our heartfelt prayers and thoughts for Johanna's recovery."
Calling hours will be Wednesday at Peabody Funeral Homes and Crematorium in Derry. A private liturgy of Christian burial will be celebrated at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Derry.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms