Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Midwest ice storm plays havoc with Manchester flight schedules
"Airlines don't like to fly in freezing rain, it's the worst condition for them," said Manchester airport spokesman Tom Malafronte.
The ice storm has impacted the ability of planes to land and depart from O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, the nation's second busiest. The resulting snag in the air traffic system means planes aren't arriving at their destinations and can't be turned around for flights elsewhere.
At Manchester airport, nine arriving flights were canceled or delayed between about noon and about 6 p.m., a fact partially responsible for the cancellation or delay of 10 scheduled departures in the same time span.
Because arrivals and departures depend on the availability of equipment at both Manchester and other airports, Malafronte said travelers should check with individual airlines for information on flights and re-booking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pet pleaser - 0
- Missing Florida dog found in Salem, how it made the trip remains mystery - 1
- Giving thanks for her wonderful dogs - even the difficult ones - 1
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- One dog tale that had tongues wagging - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Automatic spaying, neutering of mixed-breed dogs has a downside - 0
- Woman sues after her dogs kill neighbor's pet beagle - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Breed's bad reputation skews the truth about pitbulls - 2
- Auburn family's dog found shot in head - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
- College Football: These Redbirds can run and pass - 0
- Bedford pizza restaurant gets surprise makeover from Eastern Bank - 0
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 0
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 6
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- College Basketball: UNH women top Dartmouth - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Exeter skates past Trinity - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Memorial solid in win over Hanover - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules