Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Midwest ice storm plays havoc with Manchester flight schedules
"Airlines don't like to fly in freezing rain, it's the worst condition for them," said Manchester airport spokesman Tom Malafronte.
The ice storm has impacted the ability of planes to land and depart from O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, the nation's second busiest. The resulting snag in the air traffic system means planes aren't arriving at their destinations and can't be turned around for flights elsewhere.
At Manchester airport, nine arriving flights were canceled or delayed between about noon and about 6 p.m., a fact partially responsible for the cancellation or delay of 10 scheduled departures in the same time span.
Because arrivals and departures depend on the availability of equipment at both Manchester and other airports, Malafronte said travelers should check with individual airlines for information on flights and re-booking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pipeline protest in Fitzwilliam - 0
- Poll shows Groton voters oppose new wind plants - 2
- Opposition lines up against new Alexandria wind plant proposal - 1
- PSNH's rate request puts it lower than competitors, a reversal from last year - 6
- Pipeline meeting in Mason draws big crowd - 0
- Kinder Morgan reveals route for pipeline at Milford meeting - 1
- Nature vs. man: Keeping the lights on - 1
- Pipeline pushback seen in NH - 7
- Meeting will inform Mason residents about proposed pipeline - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads