Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Midwest ice storm plays havoc with Manchester flight schedules
"Airlines don't like to fly in freezing rain, it's the worst condition for them," said Manchester airport spokesman Tom Malafronte.
The ice storm has impacted the ability of planes to land and depart from O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, the nation's second busiest. The resulting snag in the air traffic system means planes aren't arriving at their destinations and can't be turned around for flights elsewhere.
At Manchester airport, nine arriving flights were canceled or delayed between about noon and about 6 p.m., a fact partially responsible for the cancellation or delay of 10 scheduled departures in the same time span.
Because arrivals and departures depend on the availability of equipment at both Manchester and other airports, Malafronte said travelers should check with individual airlines for information on flights and re-booking.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 1
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- George Will: In Georgia, a capitalist struggles - 2
- Jonah Goldberg -- Cure for gridlock: Take hard votes - 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 6
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters