Home » Opinion » Editorials
Expand Medicaid? Why would NH do that?
Last May the New England Journal of Medicine published the results of a huge Medicaid study in Oregon. A team led by MIT economist Amy Finkelstein compared people who were enrolled in Medicaid during Oregon's 2008 expansion with others who did not win the Medicaid enrollment lottery.
If Medicaid does not make people healthier and does not reduce ER visits, why in the world would New Hampshire enroll tens of thousands more residents in the program? Proponents of expansion say that Washington is giving us "free" money, so we might as well take it and enroll these people at no cost.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 56
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 6
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 28
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 6
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over