Home » Opinion » Editorials
Wrapped in the flag: Ayotte, Shaheen talk tough
U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte was for loosening sequestration rules that she said damaged the military before she voted against the compromise budget bill that contained a loosening of sequestration.
Will Shaheen vote for military pension restoration even if it doesn't raise more in taxes, which is her scheme? Will Ayotte vote for the restoration, even if it does mean raising taxes while not cutting spending?
If Shaheen and Ayotte can't face working-age veterans upset about a 1 percentage point reduction in their cost-of-living increase (spread over 10 years and restored at age 62), how on earth are they going to ever tackle Social Security and other entitlement spending that is killing us all?
We publish it today
READER COMMENTS: 1
- River Valley Community College planning for new president's inauguration - 0
- Singing a nationwide national anthem at St. Anselm College in Manchester - 0
- Manchester teachers union has contract concerns - 0
- Litchfield school superintendent surprised by board's decision - 0
- State, Lyndeborough agree on school bond repayment plan - 0
- Portsmouth school district undergoing widespread review of sexual harassment response - 0
- Futures Lab offers a glimpse at college, career - 0
- Scholarship established at Kimball Union Academy to honor slain journalist - 0
- Claremont extends school days after renovation delays - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 5
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children