Home » Opinion » Editorials
Wrapped in the flag: Ayotte, Shaheen talk tough
U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte was for loosening sequestration rules that she said damaged the military before she voted against the compromise budget bill that contained a loosening of sequestration.
Will Shaheen vote for military pension restoration even if it doesn't raise more in taxes, which is her scheme? Will Ayotte vote for the restoration, even if it does mean raising taxes while not cutting spending?
If Shaheen and Ayotte can't face working-age veterans upset about a 1 percentage point reduction in their cost-of-living increase (spread over 10 years and restored at age 62), how on earth are they going to ever tackle Social Security and other entitlement spending that is killing us all?
We publish it today
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Physician reprimanded after baby’s brain damaged in delivery - 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs