Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Queen City to host movie?
"Rebecca's Rising" imagines the possibility that a real coven of Satan worshippers was behind the Salem witch trials and is still at work in Salem today. Glimpses of Heath's real life can be found throughout the fictional tale. He grew up near Salem, Mass., in Marblehead, and is a direct descendant of both Rebecca Nurse, the last person tried and hanged during the witch trials, and her accuser Ann R. Putnam. Heath was once news director at WMUR; his main character, John Andrews, has a history in television news.
It is clear he will do everything in his power to keep filming in New Hampshire, and I hope he is successful. Maybe there is even a role for me as an extra. I would make an excellent witch, just ask my husband.
Noon Year's Eve
I love how many events The Currier Museum of Art has for families. I just wish I wasn't on the verge of a heart attack every moment we're inside.
"XANADU" is a simple story about a Greek muse, Clio, who descends from Mt. Olympus to Venice Beach in 1980 on a quest to inspire a struggling artist, Sonny, to achieve the greatest creation of his life — a roller disco. Sounds weird, right? It is, but so much fun because the actors are performing on roller skates.
Tickets range from $15 to $45; the show runs through Jan. 25. For more information on this and other fun shows around Manchester, visit www.NH365.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 1
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 66
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it