It was 'Whoa, Christmas Tree' at Londonderry burn
Now in its 19th year, the annual Tree Burn was hosted by Londonderry Boy Scout Troop #521 and remains one of the troop's largest fundraisers.
"There were years when we'd easily get 1,500 or more trees added onto the pile," said Ted Combes, who earned his Eagle Scout badge in 2004 and now serves on the Londonderry Budget Committee. He added: "I think more people tend to have the artificial trees these days."
"We use it to send our scouts to camp, to purchase new gear," Perry said. "It really helps out a lot when we go on our trips."
Perry said plans are already in the works for next year's Tree Burn.
"We're definitely in for a big celebration," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester