Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett fire causes minor injuries to 1
HOOKSETT — One person was treated for minor injuries Monday morning at Granite Hill Condos after a gas leak caused a fire in one of the units.
According to Hooksett Deputy Chief Mike Hoisington, the fire at Unit 45 in the Cambridge section started when a gas line leading to the stove leaked, sparking a fire when the resident turned on the stove. Hoisington said the resident was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Hoisington would not speculate as to what caused the gas leak, but he added that members of the state Fire Marshal’s Office are investigating.
After the call went out at 6:26 a.m., firefighters were on the scene within six minutes and had the fire knocked down within an hour, Hoisington said.
“Our guys did a great job. We contained the fire to one unit; a few more minutes and the fire could have spread and been much worse,” Hoisington said.
He said firefighters kept the fire contained to the kitchen, which was destroyed. The rest of the unit incurred heat and water damage.
“The owner will at least be able to get their possessions out of there; whether or not the unit is salvageable, I don’t know,” Hoisington said.
While not a multi-alarm fire, Hoisington said that fire departments from Bow, Concord and Manchester covered Hooksett stations while the department responded to the call.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test