Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett fire causes minor injuries to 1
HOOKSETT — One person was treated for minor injuries Monday morning at Granite Hill Condos after a gas leak caused a fire in one of the units.
According to Hooksett Deputy Chief Mike Hoisington, the fire at Unit 45 in the Cambridge section started when a gas line leading to the stove leaked, sparking a fire when the resident turned on the stove. Hoisington said the resident was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Hoisington would not speculate as to what caused the gas leak, but he added that members of the state Fire Marshal’s Office are investigating.
After the call went out at 6:26 a.m., firefighters were on the scene within six minutes and had the fire knocked down within an hour, Hoisington said.
“Our guys did a great job. We contained the fire to one unit; a few more minutes and the fire could have spread and been much worse,” Hoisington said.
He said firefighters kept the fire contained to the kitchen, which was destroyed. The rest of the unit incurred heat and water damage.
“The owner will at least be able to get their possessions out of there; whether or not the unit is salvageable, I don’t know,” Hoisington said.
While not a multi-alarm fire, Hoisington said that fire departments from Bow, Concord and Manchester covered Hooksett stations while the department responded to the call.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents - 0
- Millsfield ready to resume holding first primary vote - 0
- Rist defends his salary as interim Central principal - 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Glassman first NH player into D-I dance - 0
- Roger Brown's H.S. Basketball: Bedford girls ready to face Simpson, Lancers - 0
- Dave Solomon's Gettin' Down to Business: Tim Eccleston has a health dream for the nation - 0
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Roger Simon: Hillary is sick - of the media
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity