Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett fire causes minor injuries to 1
HOOKSETT — One person was treated for minor injuries Monday morning at Granite Hill Condos after a gas leak caused a fire in one of the units.
According to Hooksett Deputy Chief Mike Hoisington, the fire at Unit 45 in the Cambridge section started when a gas line leading to the stove leaked, sparking a fire when the resident turned on the stove. Hoisington said the resident was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Hoisington would not speculate as to what caused the gas leak, but he added that members of the state Fire Marshal’s Office are investigating.
After the call went out at 6:26 a.m., firefighters were on the scene within six minutes and had the fire knocked down within an hour, Hoisington said.
“Our guys did a great job. We contained the fire to one unit; a few more minutes and the fire could have spread and been much worse,” Hoisington said.
He said firefighters kept the fire contained to the kitchen, which was destroyed. The rest of the unit incurred heat and water damage.
“The owner will at least be able to get their possessions out of there; whether or not the unit is salvageable, I don’t know,” Hoisington said.
While not a multi-alarm fire, Hoisington said that fire departments from Bow, Concord and Manchester covered Hooksett stations while the department responded to the call.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run