Lebanon laundry fire snuffed out before spreading too farBy MEGHAN PIERCE
Union Leader Correspondent
January 06. 2014 8:02PM
LEBANON — A dryer fire ignited at Kleen Laundromat on Mechanic Street Monday afternoon.
Firefighters responded at 2:38 p.m. for a report of a dryer fire in the laundromat.
Lebanon Fire Chief Chris Christopoulos reported heavy smoke visible when he arrived on scene.
Firefighters entered the building and were able to extinguish the main fire in the dryer with a water can fire extinguisher.
But soon discovered the fire extended into the dryer vent piping and burned a small area where the vent meets the roof.
The fire was under control at 2:39 p.m. and the scene was cleared at 3:34 p.m. after smoke was vented from the building.
Lebanon firefighters were assisted on scene by Lebanon police, and the Hanover and Hartford, Vermont, fire department. Enfield firefighters provided station coverage during the event.
The fire is under investigation by the Lebanon Fire Department Fire Prevention Division, but is not considered suspicious at this time.