Jonah Goldberg: Marijuana as a test case: Will states' rights go to pot?
And Brandon Harris is stoked.
"It's such a big day in history," Harris, told the Washington Times. "The fact that we don't have to be criminals and can just smoke, and not be looked down on, or have to mess with the local police."
But that's OK with me. As non-judgmentalism becomes part of the secular catechism, people lose sight of the fact that the freedom to do what you want must include the freedom to form your own opinions about how other people use their freedom.
"We're staying," he told the Denver Post. "We're going to become residents."
But that's me. Others feel differently. And, if I'm going to be honest, I can't swear that if Washington, D.C., banned alcohol or caffeine, I wouldn't pull a Harris and ditch the District.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 2
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 1
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
- Sam Cohen: ‘No compromise’ gun groups shoot themselves in the foot - 8
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 18
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 20
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, 17 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal