Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Mass. police officer free on bail awaiting Salem sexual assault trial
A jury acquitted Gonzalez in Florida on Nov. 19, prompting authorities to return him to New Hampshire on a fugitive from justice warrant.
No trial date has been set.
Prosecutors and defense lawyers are expected to meet with a judge next week for a pretrial conference.
Gonzalez was arrested on Feb. 27, 2013, as a fugitive from justice on the Florida charges while attending a class at the Massachusetts School of Law in Andover, Mass. He joined the Lawrence (Mass.) Police Department in 1998, but was studying to become a lawyer at the time of his arrest.
Salem police allege that Gonzalez began sexually assaulting the girl by “rubbing up against her” beginning May 1, 1992, when the girl was 11. The alleged abuse continued until May 15, 1994, according to indictments.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gilmanton library funding passes by 17 votes - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Teacher's contract defeated in Newfound district - 0
- Nashua merchants not sold on free parking proposal - 0
- John Stossel: The bogus war on women - 0
- Snow more? That remains to be seen - 0
- Peavy solid in Florida start - 0
- Report: Wilfork asks Pats for release - 0
- Allegation details against Reams expected to emerge - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal