Hooksett makes it late to school in Manchester
Manchester schools started on time Monday, giving an apparent cold shoulder to past practice, which called for city schools to follow the lead of towns that send their high school students to Manchester Central and Manchester West.
“I haven’t seen this in a long time,” said Central High Principal Ronald Mailhot, whose school educates close to 600 students from Hooksett and Candia. West instructs a smaller number of Hooksett students.
Traditionally, Manchester superintendents followed the lead of Hooksett and Candia when deciding whether to call or delay school on account of winter weather, Mailhot said.
She said she’ll continue to do what is best for Manchester, but also take the other towns into account.
The decades-long tuition agreement between Hooksett and Manchester was scuttled after complaints about the quality of Manchester schools. Eventually, the school districts agreed to cut the contract short, but skirmishes continue over enrollments for next year and future years.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 55
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 3
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 50
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 46
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 11
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 73
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
- Russian troops capture key Ukrainian town - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return