SAU 6 to weigh starting full-day kindergarten
Community members are also being invited to join feasibility studies for both initiatives.
Middleton McGoodwin, SAU 6 superintendent, said Monday that he has initiated forming the feasibility committees because in his experience early childhood education opportunities and full-day kindergarten lay a solid foundation for a student’s success from elementary school through high school and beyond.
The committees would work through the winter and spring to determine if it would be financially feasible to expand either program for the 2015/2016 school year. During the process, public support would also be gauged, he said. The community would have to weigh increasing the budget against the benefits of expanding education for young children in the community, McGoodwin said.
About 20 children from infants to pre-kindergarten receive early childhood education at the Sugar River Valley Regional Technical Center Early Childhood Education Program, which is run by licensed early childhood education professionals and also doubles as an educational experience for Steven’s High School students studying early childhood education.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 2
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 6
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 4
- Innis with terrorists? A low blow from Guinta - 2
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 12
- Ryan Pitts: Reluctant hero - 0
- Relief and questions: Abby Hernandez returns home - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 61
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee
LNG plant put 'on hold'