Home » News » Public Safety
Nearly 3 months later, friends and family awaiting word from missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez
"I just want to hear her voice," said her mother, who received a letter from her daughter in early November, but law enforcement officials have asked her not to disclose its contents.
Law enforcement investigators say that although she disappeared after walking away from Kennett High School on the afternoon of Oct. 9, they aren't thinking in terms of the calendar.
"I don't want to comment on the size and scale of what we are doing, but the posture of this investigation has not changed. There are still very active efforts going on, between the Conway police, the state police, and the FBI."
Meanwhile, a close friend of Abigail wrote a letter to her that was posted Saturday on the Bring Abby Home Facebook page, also asking for contact.
"After almost three months I still can't wrap my head around it," the friend wrote.
"I know you're out there. People want you home, need you home. Please though, if you can't do that, I hope you're happy. I hope you're safe. I hope that whatever decisions you've made will someday bring you back to us."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health