We're slipping, sliding, cold and flooded
During Monday morning's commute, a New Hampshire State Police trooper parked his vehicle in the breakdown lane to investigate a rollover crash on Interstate 93 south in Bow, leaving the emergency lights on. A southbound vehicle lost control and struck the cruiser, significantly damaging both vehicles. Police said no one was hurt. Susan Ryan of Bow was charged with negligent driving.
The right lane was shut down while a tow truck worked to remove a car from a snow bank just after 8 a.m.
He steered left, lost traction and ended up in a snowbank.
No one was hurt. Interstate 89 was shut down for about an hour while the tractor trailer was towed.
Windy conditions will make it feel much more frigid.
On Monday, highs in the 50s brought a different kind of weather woe — burst pipes. Manchester District Fire Chief Al Poulin said when temperatures rise, once-frozen pipes expand.
Poulin said a sprinkler pipe vent in a wall of the Fisher Cats stadium burst behind home plate, causing about $30,000 in damage to carpet, dry wall and ceilings in surrounding rooms.
The closest fire personnel were already at a small fire on Morrison Street, near Pearl Street, which meant firefighters assigned to stations farther away took the call at the stadium.
Poulin also asked residents to help dig out the city's 4,500 fire hydrants; only two Manchester Water Works employees are assigned to this task.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison - 2
- Summit of Mount Washington white with rime ice, snow to follow soon - 0
- Storms in Meredith cause outages - 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- New parking system troubles businesses in downtown Bristol - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Where you go to college could be an issue at the polls - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters