Report: NH health care professionals need to improve veterans' care
"Stigma is synonymous with disgrace, dishonor and shame," reads some of the strongest language of the report. Stigma, the report recommends, must be attacked with education, compassion and accessible health care.
The commission plans to present the report to Gov. Maggie Hassan on Friday. On Jan. 16, it will be the subject of an afternoon presentation at the Legislative Office Building that is scheduled to include New Hampshire Adjutant Gen. William Reddel and other military and civilian leaders.
She said New Hampshire is the only state in the country with such a position.
Moncher said the commission will support legislation to give it permanent status so its work can continue when it comes to fighting the stigma of the battlefield diseases, educating health care providers about military culture, and building a continuum of care between military and civilian programs.
And the report recommends that all health care providers ask new patients if they have served in the military.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies - 5
- Editorial: Jim Adams The GOP choice in Council Dist. 4 - 0
- NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass. - 13
- Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage? - 5
- Free state garden: Weeding is always good - 29
- August recess: Whither our NH representatives? - 1
- Portsmouth saga: Was this 'Officer Too-Friendly?' - 1
- Armed to the teeth, national media discover Bearcats - 21
- Market Basket fallout: Most innocent bystanders - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m