Report: NH health care professionals need to improve veterans' care
"Stigma is synonymous with disgrace, dishonor and shame," reads some of the strongest language of the report. Stigma, the report recommends, must be attacked with education, compassion and accessible health care.
The commission plans to present the report to Gov. Maggie Hassan on Friday. On Jan. 16, it will be the subject of an afternoon presentation at the Legislative Office Building that is scheduled to include New Hampshire Adjutant Gen. William Reddel and other military and civilian leaders.
She said New Hampshire is the only state in the country with such a position.
Moncher said the commission will support legislation to give it permanent status so its work can continue when it comes to fighting the stigma of the battlefield diseases, educating health care providers about military culture, and building a continuum of care between military and civilian programs.
And the report recommends that all health care providers ask new patients if they have served in the military.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sheridan Brown: NH is vulnerable to an oil spill and needs some protection - 2
- Al Felgar: Patients can’t wait for state to fix narrow Obamacare network - 2
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 2
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 6
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run