Report: NH health care professionals need to improve veterans' care
"Stigma is synonymous with disgrace, dishonor and shame," reads some of the strongest language of the report. Stigma, the report recommends, must be attacked with education, compassion and accessible health care.
The commission plans to present the report to Gov. Maggie Hassan on Friday. On Jan. 16, it will be the subject of an afternoon presentation at the Legislative Office Building that is scheduled to include New Hampshire Adjutant Gen. William Reddel and other military and civilian leaders.
She said New Hampshire is the only state in the country with such a position.
Moncher said the commission will support legislation to give it permanent status so its work can continue when it comes to fighting the stigma of the battlefield diseases, educating health care providers about military culture, and building a continuum of care between military and civilian programs.
And the report recommends that all health care providers ask new patients if they have served in the military.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Students, veterans will be recognized for making state tree decorations - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Sweeney Post events - 0
- Commentary- Mary Tamposi: Let's bring an end to homelessness among veterans - 0
- Veterans help build Nashua Habitat home - 0
- Credit union donates to Honor Flight - 0
- Veterans Briefs: Post 2 events - 0
- Pinkerton freshmen say thanks in cards to veterans - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Weare American Legion plans annual turkey raffle - 0
- Author says Dover's Veterans Day ceremony inspired her book - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley