Troubled Navy veteran's suicide ends drama in Littleton
Sitsch was a former commander of an explosives ordnance disposal group in the Navy. He sat on Combined Joint Task Force Troy, which was established to counter the threats of improvised explosive devices in Iraq, according to reports in The Caledonian Record.
"It's sad that anybody feels they need to take their life to solve their problems, but we're certainly thankful he didn't hurt anyone in the taking of his own life," Smith said.
Smith said Sitsch left a note that included dying declarations such as what he wanted done with his organs. He said police will conduct a 24-hour background check to see what Sitsch did leading up to his death. No autopsy has been ordered, he said.
Four weeks ago, Sitsch was arrested Dec. 12 for shoplifting at a Walmart in Fredericksburg, Va., according to his federal court record. He told Fredericksburg police he was a kleptomaniac.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 0
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
- George Will: Misreading Putin, and history - 4
- Rep. Kenneth Fredette: NH should avoid Maine’s Medicaid mistake - 5
- David Harsanyi: Social conservatives would benefit by embracing libertarianism - 1
- Jonah Goldberg : Let the market punish intolerant retailers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: North beats Memorial, advances in hockey tourney - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Campbell, Bergeon roll into quarterfinals - 0
- Rask stops 16 shots as B's blank Caps - 0
- Several union deals on Windham ballots - 0
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 0
- Londonderry set to vote on school repairs - 0
- Danville police chief's challenger says department in dire shape - 0
Several union deals on Windham ballots
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Londonderry set to vote on school repairs
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council