Read all about it: Henniker library opening Sunday afternoons
Beginning last Sunday, the library welcomed patrons to sit, relax, do a crossword puzzle or read, all in an effort to meet the community’s needs.
“We felt it was necessary to provide additional hours to better serve these community members, some who may not be using our library because of the inconvenient hours,” said Osgood.
To take advantage of the new weekend hours, the library will be hosting special programs on Sunday afternoons at 2 p.m. in January and February.
On Jan. 12, New Hampshire storyteller Jo Radner will share her “Wit and Wisdom” at the Tucker. On Jan. 26, Portsmouth musician Jeff Warner will perform his own special brand of folk songs with a performance called “Music in my Pocket.” And on Feb. 23, author Rebecca Rule will take a humorous look at the people and places of the Granite State.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
- City health costs: Wellness coordinator is no fix - 1
- R.I.P., Tom Brennan: A good manager and better man - 2
- The distractions: Turning you from Obamacare - 28
- Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH - 31
- Levasseur’s emails: Disclosed at last - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 1
Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers