Read all about it: Henniker library opening Sunday afternoons
Beginning last Sunday, the library welcomed patrons to sit, relax, do a crossword puzzle or read, all in an effort to meet the community’s needs.
“We felt it was necessary to provide additional hours to better serve these community members, some who may not be using our library because of the inconvenient hours,” said Osgood.
To take advantage of the new weekend hours, the library will be hosting special programs on Sunday afternoons at 2 p.m. in January and February.
On Jan. 12, New Hampshire storyteller Jo Radner will share her “Wit and Wisdom” at the Tucker. On Jan. 26, Portsmouth musician Jeff Warner will perform his own special brand of folk songs with a performance called “Music in my Pocket.” And on Feb. 23, author Rebecca Rule will take a humorous look at the people and places of the Granite State.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 0
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 18
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'