Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Mont Vernon man due in court for Amherst fatality
Travis Hobbs of Mont Vernon was allegedly using his cell phone — possibly texting or checking his email — when the car he was driving struck and killed John Bachman, 71, on Dec. 23 outside of Bachman’s Amherst home, according to police.
Bachman, who was getting mail at the end of his driveway at the time of the accident, died of his injuries at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center.
“His sudden passing has gripped the Amherst Fire Department and our community of fire and emergency services throughout the region,” says a posting on the department’s website.
“It was reported by authorities that texting while driving was allegedly a key part of the fatal accident that took Chief Bachman’s life. Such incidents so close to home remind us all of the very real dangers of distracted driving,” says the posting.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness