Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Mont Vernon man due in court for Amherst fatality
Travis Hobbs of Mont Vernon was allegedly using his cell phone — possibly texting or checking his email — when the car he was driving struck and killed John Bachman, 71, on Dec. 23 outside of Bachman’s Amherst home, according to police.
Bachman, who was getting mail at the end of his driveway at the time of the accident, died of his injuries at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center.
“His sudden passing has gripped the Amherst Fire Department and our community of fire and emergency services throughout the region,” says a posting on the department’s website.
“It was reported by authorities that texting while driving was allegedly a key part of the fatal accident that took Chief Bachman’s life. Such incidents so close to home remind us all of the very real dangers of distracted driving,” says the posting.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483