Home » News » Public Safety
Family of three displaced by Temple house fire
Firefighters responded to 243 Colburn Road around 9:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the eaves, said Temple Fire Chief George Clark.
“There was enough heat to melt the kitchen appliances,” Clark said. “The fire was mostly concentrated down in the basement of the house.”
Clark said it appears the fire was caused by the woodstove on the first floor with an obstructed chimney in the basement.
The home was not structurally damaged, but is currently unlivable because of the interior damage, Clark said.
The family dog had to be rescued by firefighters and received veterinary care afterward with oxygen and antibiotics.
Clark said the wife was home when the fire started.
No one else was injured.
Dublin, Greenville, Peterborough, New Ipswich, Jaffrey, Wilton and Lyndeborough fire departments assisted at the scene, and Mason firefighters covered the Temple fire station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
- Pittsfield pizza dough company already rebuilding after fire - 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
- Board of Education to vote on Nashua North High principal - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings