Home » News » Public Safety
Family of three displaced by Temple house fire
Firefighters responded to 243 Colburn Road around 9:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the eaves, said Temple Fire Chief George Clark.
“There was enough heat to melt the kitchen appliances,” Clark said. “The fire was mostly concentrated down in the basement of the house.”
Clark said it appears the fire was caused by the woodstove on the first floor with an obstructed chimney in the basement.
The home was not structurally damaged, but is currently unlivable because of the interior damage, Clark said.
The family dog had to be rescued by firefighters and received veterinary care afterward with oxygen and antibiotics.
Clark said the wife was home when the fire started.
No one else was injured.
Dublin, Greenville, Peterborough, New Ipswich, Jaffrey, Wilton and Lyndeborough fire departments assisted at the scene, and Mason firefighters covered the Temple fire station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley