Home » News » Public Safety
Family of three displaced by Temple house fire
Firefighters responded to 243 Colburn Road around 9:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the eaves, said Temple Fire Chief George Clark.
“There was enough heat to melt the kitchen appliances,” Clark said. “The fire was mostly concentrated down in the basement of the house.”
Clark said it appears the fire was caused by the woodstove on the first floor with an obstructed chimney in the basement.
The home was not structurally damaged, but is currently unlivable because of the interior damage, Clark said.
The family dog had to be rescued by firefighters and received veterinary care afterward with oxygen and antibiotics.
Clark said the wife was home when the fire started.
No one else was injured.
Dublin, Greenville, Peterborough, New Ipswich, Jaffrey, Wilton and Lyndeborough fire departments assisted at the scene, and Mason firefighters covered the Temple fire station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 0
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 8
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber