Exeter mom: New war movie honors her SEAL son's memory
Mark Wahlberg, foreground, stars in the new film “Lone Survivor,” based on the Navy SEAL operation in 2005 that claimed the life of Exeter native Dan Healy in Afghanistan. (UNIVERSAL PICTURES)
That's because her son, Navy SEAL Dan Healy, was one of the 11 SEALs and eight Army Special Operations aviators killed in the failed rescue mission in Afghanistan in 2005 that has become the subject of the Universal Pictures' film starring Mark Wahlberg.
The book was co-authored by Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, who was the only one to survive the mission.
During their mission, Luttrell and the three other SEALs were ambushed by enemy forces.
Natalie Healy had a chance to preview the movie for the second time last month with Wahlberg and his family in Hingham, Mass.
"I have never seen (Luttrell) look and sound so well," Healy said. "It was like the weight of the world had been lifted off his shoulders. For years I was worried about him."
"Those are my men and I want my face to be the first one they see," he told the team.
While there were some tears while watching the movie, Healy said she and the other families who lost loved ones on that mission are "a pretty tough bunch" and have lived with the grief for the last eight years.
At the end of the movie, the names and photographs of those killed are shown on the screen as a tribute.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Who scares Shaheen? She wants to stop Scott Brown - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 8
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 73
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 57
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 59
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America