Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Police: Tagger caught in act
MANCHESTER - A Medfield, Mass., man is under arrest after an officer spotted him on a fire escape outside an Elm Street business which had been spray-painted with graffiti.
Dean Janggen, 19, was arrested after a brief foot chase and charged with criminal mischief, loitering and resisting arrest/detention.
The incident began about 2:15 a.m. Thursday when Officer Neil Penttinen, patrolling downtown, saw someone on the fire escape at Lamont, Hanley and Associates, a debt collection agency at 1138 Elm St.
The man, later identified by police as Janggen, immediately ran down the fire escape when he saw the cruiser. Penttinen yelled for him to stop, but police said Janggen kept running.
Penttinen caught up to him behind the building and again yelled for him to stop.
Again, Janggen allegedly ran only to be caught a short time later by Officer Mike Caron in the lower parking lot at 1138 Elm St.
Sgt. Brian O'Keefe said Janggen spray-painted the "tag" or name of "FacE" on the side of the building, but said it is unknown what else he was going to write because he was caught in the act.
The graffiti was photographed and will be removed by the Park and Recreation Division's Anti-Graffiti Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Total Votes: 917