Farmington school official: Middleton withdrawal would be 'catastrophic'
"It's seemed to balloon out of control," Vittorioso said. After studying the issue for the past six months, Middleton officials believe it is feasible to conduct a phased withdrawal from Farmington. It proposes to send grades 7-12 to Gov. Wentworth Regional School District in Wolfeboro after July 1, 2015. The remaining students in pre-kindergarten through grade 6 would move into the new school — which also must be approved by voters in March — the following year.
Joel Chagnon, who also served with Thivierge on the withdrawal committee, said it remains unclear how Middleton residents feel about separating from Farmington, join Gov. Wentworth and build their own $6.5 million school — which requires a 60 percent majority — in town.
Additionally, according to the tuition agreement with Gov. Wentworth, residents in that district — which includes Brookfield, Effingham, New Durham, Ossipee, Tuftonboro and Wolfeboro — must also agree to accept Middleton's students.
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads