Amherst schools to be featured in documentary
Previously, the state Department of Education contracted with 2Revolutions — a self-described education design lab that creates future learning models — to initiate the project. This newest video project is an extension of the New Hampshire Network Strategy that launched in the fall of 2012 to provide a virtual place for educators to collaborate and learn.
According to Heimarck, the local school district was selected for two primary reasons, including Souhegan High School’s involvement in performance-based learning models, and the district’s work with the New Hampshire College and Career Readiness Standards, more often referred to as Common Core.
About 35 schools throughout New Hampshire will be included in the video project, said Heimarck, explaining the film crew is expected to record a first-grade math lesson at an SAU 39 elementary school on Monday. The crew will also record students and teachers in a more formal interview setting on Monday at the high school, she said, adding about 25 hours of footage will be collected.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl Scouts need help sending cookies to military personnel overseas - 0
- Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs - 0
- Commentary: Chronically homeless vets are a problem for all of us - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter bashes planned military cuts - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Sen. Ayotte concerned about cuts in COLA for new service members - 0
- NH veterans get a deal at Amesbury Sports Park - 0
- VA Medical Center to host open house - 0
- Parents of fallen SEAL will speak in Hollis - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'