Amherst schools to be featured in documentary
Previously, the state Department of Education contracted with 2Revolutions — a self-described education design lab that creates future learning models — to initiate the project. This newest video project is an extension of the New Hampshire Network Strategy that launched in the fall of 2012 to provide a virtual place for educators to collaborate and learn.
According to Heimarck, the local school district was selected for two primary reasons, including Souhegan High School’s involvement in performance-based learning models, and the district’s work with the New Hampshire College and Career Readiness Standards, more often referred to as Common Core.
About 35 schools throughout New Hampshire will be included in the video project, said Heimarck, explaining the film crew is expected to record a first-grade math lesson at an SAU 39 elementary school on Monday. The crew will also record students and teachers in a more formal interview setting on Monday at the high school, she said, adding about 25 hours of footage will be collected.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 11
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 18
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus