Amherst schools to be featured in documentary
Previously, the state Department of Education contracted with 2Revolutions — a self-described education design lab that creates future learning models — to initiate the project. This newest video project is an extension of the New Hampshire Network Strategy that launched in the fall of 2012 to provide a virtual place for educators to collaborate and learn.
According to Heimarck, the local school district was selected for two primary reasons, including Souhegan High School’s involvement in performance-based learning models, and the district’s work with the New Hampshire College and Career Readiness Standards, more often referred to as Common Core.
About 35 schools throughout New Hampshire will be included in the video project, said Heimarck, explaining the film crew is expected to record a first-grade math lesson at an SAU 39 elementary school on Monday. The crew will also record students and teachers in a more formal interview setting on Monday at the high school, she said, adding about 25 hours of footage will be collected.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- River Valley Community College planning for new president's inauguration - 0
- Singing a nationwide national anthem at St. Anselm College in Manchester - 0
- Manchester teachers union has contract concerns - 0
- Litchfield school superintendent surprised by board's decision - 0
- State, Lyndeborough agree on school bond repayment plan - 0
- Portsmouth school district undergoing widespread review of sexual harassment response - 0
- Futures Lab offers a glimpse at college, career - 0
- Scholarship established at Kimball Union Academy to honor slain journalist - 0
- Claremont extends school days after renovation delays - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Strategery: A war by any other name
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out