Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Manchester man arrested in case of boy, 5, who shot self
Sonday Bishop, 29, of 420 Spruce St., was arrested Thursday by Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies as he drove off from a Lake Avenue apartment. Deputies pulled over the motor vehicle and arrested him. A Hillsborough County Superior grand jury issued the indictment on Dec. 18.
The accident happened on Nov. 30 about 2:30 a.m. in a third floor apartment at 420 Spruce St. that Bishop shared with the child's mother, Charmaine Beard. Bishop, in speaking with a reporter last year about the incident, referred to the 5-year-old child as is son, De'Jon, but police said he is not the boy's biological father.
According to a news release issued by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office on Thursday, the indictment alleges Bishop placed a loaded .22 caliber handgun next to the little boy, who then picked it up and shot himself.
The child was treated at the Elliot Hospital and later released.
At his arraignment in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District, Judge Gillian Abramson set bail for Bishop at $25,000 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the victim or any juvenile under age 16. Bishop said he wants to find his own attorney, rather than fill out a financial affidavit and have court-appointed attorney if he qualifies financially.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 1
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917