Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester man arrested in case of boy, 5, who shot self
Sonday Bishop, 29, of 420 Spruce St., was arrested Thursday by Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies as he drove off from a Lake Avenue apartment. Deputies pulled over the motor vehicle and arrested him. A Hillsborough County Superior grand jury issued the indictment on Dec. 18.
The accident happened on Nov. 30 about 2:30 a.m. in a third floor apartment at 420 Spruce St. that Bishop shared with the child's mother, Charmaine Beard. Bishop, in speaking with a reporter last year about the incident, referred to the 5-year-old child as is son, De'Jon, but police said he is not the boy's biological father.
According to a news release issued by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office on Thursday, the indictment alleges Bishop placed a loaded .22 caliber handgun next to the little boy, who then picked it up and shot himself.
The child was treated at the Elliot Hospital and later released.
At his arraignment in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District, Judge Gillian Abramson set bail for Bishop at $25,000 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the victim or any juvenile under age 16. Bishop said he wants to find his own attorney, rather than fill out a financial affidavit and have court-appointed attorney if he qualifies financially.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth