Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester man arrested in case of boy, 5, who shot self
Sonday Bishop, 29, of 420 Spruce St., was arrested Thursday by Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies as he drove off from a Lake Avenue apartment. Deputies pulled over the motor vehicle and arrested him. A Hillsborough County Superior grand jury issued the indictment on Dec. 18.
The accident happened on Nov. 30 about 2:30 a.m. in a third floor apartment at 420 Spruce St. that Bishop shared with the child's mother, Charmaine Beard. Bishop, in speaking with a reporter last year about the incident, referred to the 5-year-old child as is son, De'Jon, but police said he is not the boy's biological father.
According to a news release issued by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office on Thursday, the indictment alleges Bishop placed a loaded .22 caliber handgun next to the little boy, who then picked it up and shot himself.
The child was treated at the Elliot Hospital and later released.
At his arraignment in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District, Judge Gillian Abramson set bail for Bishop at $25,000 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the victim or any juvenile under age 16. Bishop said he wants to find his own attorney, rather than fill out a financial affidavit and have court-appointed attorney if he qualifies financially.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wintery weather doesn’t cut NH crime, but it can change it - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Police make arrest in Pembroke embezzlement case - 1
- Police seek robber of Nashua convenience store - 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 1
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 4
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 4
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 1
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
- Board of Education to vote on Nashua North High principal - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings