Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Two New York men acused in phony credit card scheme
Aaron Young (Aaron Young)
Vic Washington, 44, of 203 St. in Queens, N.Y., was charged with six felonies - conspiracy to commit theft by deception, conspiracy to commit theft and four counts of receiving stolen property – and misdemeanor counts of the manufacture, sale and possession of a false identification and the possession of controlled/narcotic drug.
Aaron Young, 30, of 11137 203rd St. in Saint Albans, N.Y., was charged with felony forgery and eight misdemeanors – theft by deception, six counts of receiving stolen property and the manufacture, sale and possession of a false identification.
Police were called to investigate the two men – around 5:47 p.m. - after they attempted to make a large purchase at Kohl's department store with a credit card which was declined and allegedly had a magnetic strip which did not match the brand or physical numbers on the card.
Officers found the men as they were loading their van with more than $1,000 worth of items purchased from the nearby Lowes in the shopping plaza.
Following their arrest, officers searched their van, seized the items from the Lowes store – which was allegedly purchased with a fraudulent credit card – and found many stolen and fraudulent credit cards and fraudulent Indiana drivers' licenses, according to police.
Both men were held in Strafford County jail in Dover on $10,000 cash bail. They are scheduled to be arraigned Friday at 11:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 15
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483