Londonderry School Board mum on firing of football coach
But following several angry outbursts from audience members demanding to speak on the matter, Hendricks reluctantly allowed them to approach the podium.
Resident Ken Sharkey, who has been involved with the Londonderry Wildcats civic football program from many years, questioned the process of renewing coaches' contracts.
"The responsibility for making recommendations really falls on my shoulders and I'm the one that does that," the superintendent said. "If there are complaints, we follow through, do a review and make recommendations based on that."
"In the case of coaches, the board doesn't get to act on anything unless I bring forward a name," he said.
Retired Londonderry school district teacher and coach Tom Sawyer said that over the past 15 years, he could recall several occasions where "the interference of some people who have the ability to get involved has resulted in decisions being made."
LHS graduate Zach Capobianco said Rich has affected many young lives in a positive matter.
"What he's done for these young men is more important than any score on any scoreboard," he said. "Coach Rich has done an impeccable job molding the young men in this town. He's an incredible mentor."
"He made me a better man," Kinnon said of his coach. "I was not a well-put-together kid my freshman year, and I truly have Coach Rich to thank for the person I've become."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Concealed carry, racism and other random thoughts - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
- David Harsanyi: Obama acts alone on war, too - 0
- Pat Buchanan: Stepping into a basket of snakes - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Earth-friendly energy is anything but - 5
- George Will: Battle royal in Iowa - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Our real Syria strategy: containment-plus - 0
- Roger Simon: Do 'real men' hit women? - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body of woman found under Claremont bridge - 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- UPDATED: Nashua man accused of beating girlfriend - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation