Londonderry School Board mum on firing of football coach
But following several angry outbursts from audience members demanding to speak on the matter, Hendricks reluctantly allowed them to approach the podium.
Resident Ken Sharkey, who has been involved with the Londonderry Wildcats civic football program from many years, questioned the process of renewing coaches' contracts.
"The responsibility for making recommendations really falls on my shoulders and I'm the one that does that," the superintendent said. "If there are complaints, we follow through, do a review and make recommendations based on that."
"In the case of coaches, the board doesn't get to act on anything unless I bring forward a name," he said.
Retired Londonderry school district teacher and coach Tom Sawyer said that over the past 15 years, he could recall several occasions where "the interference of some people who have the ability to get involved has resulted in decisions being made."
LHS graduate Zach Capobianco said Rich has affected many young lives in a positive matter.
"What he's done for these young men is more important than any score on any scoreboard," he said. "Coach Rich has done an impeccable job molding the young men in this town. He's an incredible mentor."
"He made me a better man," Kinnon said of his coach. "I was not a well-put-together kid my freshman year, and I truly have Coach Rich to thank for the person I've become."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 4
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
- Jonah Goldberg: Why narratives are more powerful than ideas - 0
- Pat Buchanan: People sense the country is falling apart - 2
- Celeste Clark : I saw Keene State College and the police try to prevent a riot - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Colorado shows the perils of mailing-in the election - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters