AMC will intervene in Wild Meadows wind project
"We are completely opposed to Wild Meadows," said AMC Director of Research Kenneth Kimball. "There are some locations where wind farms should be, but this is not one of them."
The AMC frequently intervenes in wind power projects to assure public resources, such as mountains and lakes, are not adversely affected, said Kimball. It intervened in the SEC permitting process for the 99-megawatt, 33-turbine Granite Reliable Wind Farm that opened in 2011 in Millsfield and Dixville, attaining settlements from the company to account for some of the natural resources used near mountaintops and tree lines, he said.
"The turbines in Groton are not visually dominant, as the Wild Meadows turbines would be," Kimball said. "All of the turbines in Wild Meadows are going to be visually dominant, without question."
Among the AMC's objections is the visual impact of the lighted towers at night.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Pipeline meeting in Mason draws big crowd - 0
- Kinder Morgan reveals route for pipeline at Milford meeting - 1
- Nature vs. man: Keeping the lights on - 1
- Pipeline pushback seen in NH - 7
- Meeting will inform Mason residents about proposed pipeline - 0
- Commission's decision clears way for pipeline, possible cheaper natural gas - 0
- New wind plant foes press NH delegation on tax credit - 2
- Gas pipeline west of NH called part of regional mix - 2
- Judge rejects reconsideration of lawsuit against Northern Pass - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Two arrestesd for allegedly scamming motorists buying gas in Rochester - 0
- Londonderry police assisting in investigation of violent Maine home invasion - 0
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Man stealing wine threatens clerk of Manchester 7-Eleven with knife - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 1
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
After Newtown: A gun rights revival
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose