AMC will intervene in Wild Meadows wind project
"We are completely opposed to Wild Meadows," said AMC Director of Research Kenneth Kimball. "There are some locations where wind farms should be, but this is not one of them."
The AMC frequently intervenes in wind power projects to assure public resources, such as mountains and lakes, are not adversely affected, said Kimball. It intervened in the SEC permitting process for the 99-megawatt, 33-turbine Granite Reliable Wind Farm that opened in 2011 in Millsfield and Dixville, attaining settlements from the company to account for some of the natural resources used near mountaintops and tree lines, he said.
"The turbines in Groton are not visually dominant, as the Wild Meadows turbines would be," Kimball said. "All of the turbines in Wild Meadows are going to be visually dominant, without question."
Among the AMC's objections is the visual impact of the lighted towers at night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 15
- Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed - 18
- Alexandria support for wind farm not strong, officials say - 3
- Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project - 8
- NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path - 23
- Legislator calls for closing of Groton wind farm - 16
- PUC report says PSNH should sell its plants and the public should pay - 20
- Report on PSNH power plants heartens utility's competitors - 0
- NH high court to hear arguments on valuation of crude oil pipeline - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'