Light snow leads to crashes, spinouts in southern NH
Several vehicles were off the road on Route 101 eastbound in Raymond after light snow created slippery conditions this morning. (Jason Schreiber/Union Leader Correspondent)
Accidents on Interstate 93 southbound in Londonderry caused significant backups into Manchester.
Delays also were seen on the Everett Turnpike southbound in Nashua after a three-car accident.
Other crashes were reported on Interstate 95 in Hampton, including a rollover southbound. One person had to be extricated from the vehicle.
Another rollover was reported on I-95 in North Hampton just north of the tolls and yet another farther north in Portsmouth.
Several vehicles slid off the highway and multiple accidents were seen on Route 101 eastbound in Raymond and Epping. An accident was also reported in Exeter near Exit 9.
Route 125 in Brentwood experienced problems as well.
"The conditions of the roadway at this time are very dangerous. Plow crews have not been out prior to the morning commute and small accumulations are packing on the roadway surface, causing icy conditions," Brentwood police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
- Water damage displaces North Elementary classrooms - 0
- Farmers lament effects of long, snowy winter - 2
- Maple producers hope for weather to turn corner - 0
- Wintry weather for now, but wait until the end of the week - 0
- Spring arrives, as does more snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline extended for startup competition in Rochester - 0
- Citizens Bank offers good citizen scholarships - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
- Stocks end higher as blue chips rally - 0
- NH jobless rate dips to 4.5 percent - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 0
- Londonderry man accused of threatening, sexually assaulting two girls - 0
- Hollis police say stun gun needed on ‘unruly’ man - 0
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers